Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dude, hand me the umbrella

Hello hello everyone! Thanks for all the comments. I can feel the love all the way from here. Sorry it has been so long since the last update, i have been really busy and also i have to use my phone to update this thing so it is painstakingly slow to write! Anyways, my apologies. Lots has been going on here to keep me more occupied than the presidents cabinet. I have been trying to form neighborhood health committees, which oversea health issues within communities here. It is a way to empower people from the ground level and make them realize they have a right to decide their own health choices. Therefore it is very rewarding from a long term stand point. For thanksgiving, all of the volunteers from within my province got together for some meetings and then had a great meal that would make john madden keel over. It was great to hang out with americans again, but i was excited to get back to work at my village. I hear the jayhawks are kicking some tail on the hard wood right now. Put me in bill! I am actually in the works of building a basketball hoop behind my house. . . So watch out world i will soon perfect my sky-hook. I just hope the zambians dont instantaneously dominate me, airplane the movie style. Hope all is well back home. Dont be afraid to email or write. I respond to those much faster! Rock chalk!

2 comments:

  1. Hey-o! You should build your basketball hoop and 8 feet high, so you can throw down dunks like Ben Krekel used to in your driveway! And speaking of Airplane the movie, Leslie Nielsen the main actor just passed away a couple days ago. Which was really too bad. Keep up the good work over there ol boy! Miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooksie! You posted this at 11:09 here, how cute! Miss you lots :) Expect some letters and maybe if you're luck a package! Bill Self really misses you too!

    ReplyDelete