Saturday, July 31, 2010

Still alive!

Mwapoleni mukwai! I have now received my cell phone and can use the internet and text and call again. Woo! I am updating this with my phone so bear with me. We had our first day of training yesterday. It was marked by lots of meetings and orientation material. We have had lots of shots so far and driven all over the country. Very exciting! I have recently moved into a host family home for the next nine weeks while in training. They seem very kind and generous. They are teaching me the language bemba, which is a main language here. My days start off early with a sponge bath followed by a bike ride to school along beautiful african scenery. I then have four hours of language class, lunch, and them four hours of technical training. Much of my evenings are taken up by studying by candle light. The people are some of the most honest and genuine people i have ever met. Thanks for reading and i hope to give a better update when i get on a comp next. Oh and meg i have been reading your letters and just opened number three...i will save the others for a rainy day! Oh and face book is down here for awhile so sorry if i dont respond! Love ya all!

6 comments:

  1. Hey man! Good to hear from you for sure, and glad the people are a nice bunch! I visited 1109 last night as they were doing the finishing touches of cleaning and packing all their stuff, basically just be glad that you got out of that mess! haha. Looking forward to more updates, and hopefully I get around to sending you a letter one of these days!

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you a letter, you should be getting it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you!! You are going to love the people!! I do!!! They will take good care of you!!Tell us about the food...love, andi and jd

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy that things are going so good for you.
    you teach them and they will teach you.
    everybody in snyder misses you
    love
    auntie boy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need you. Hell, I need you. I'm a mess without you. I miss you so damn much. I miss being with you, I miss being near you. I miss your laugh. I miss your scent; I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together.

    Brian Fantana: Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orientation? More like Borientation!! haha, keep updating us as much as possible, i love reading these. Also, the address i told you before you left was wrong, if you send something, my real address is 1712 Alabama (66044)

    ReplyDelete