Monday, September 6, 2010

Masansa departure!

Thanks to everyone for the comments! Glad to hear you got my letter ryan. And amanda i can already picture our click conversation we will have when i return! So as i said in my previous post, i will be going to central province! I will be staying in a village called masansa. It is about forty kilo from the district capital, mkushi. It is also nearby luangwa national park, which is a great safari area. Notice the plug to entice people to come visit me?! I am currently on a site visit which means that for those of us im training we get to go spend some time with actual volunteers helping them do their job. Myself and four others stayed with a volunteer near my future site. We also went camping for two days and got to spend some time at a waterfall that is around eighty k from us. It was a good chance to learn about public transport in zambia. . . . Or lack there of! On friday i got dropped off at my future residence in masansa. I have been meeting clinic staff, local leaders and also playing with the football club. It has been good to get a feel for what my future town will be like. I leave tomorrow morning for training in lusaka. Oh and for all of you wondering, no i am not as sun burnt as you might think! Bull frog sun screen. . . . I owe you my first born. I hope school is going well for everyone. Rock chalk!

6 comments:

  1. So, I forgot what my original account was on here, so I had to make a new one...feeling harris stoopid currently, lol.

    You've got a busy schedule ahead of you son! It all sounds like it will be a blast though. How does buhler soccer stack up to the rigors (rigors, a rarely utilized word, but I pull it off.) of african football?

    Jeff and I watch a lot of shows on the history channel and on animal planet, and it always seems like something is going on with the Zambieze River. Have you got to see it yet? (I guess that I just assume that the Zambieze runs through Zambia, but I could be wrong) Maybe that's where you would go by on your safari, there is a lot of animal life along there.

    Anyway, glad to hear you're doing well man, keep up that samba! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing to hear what you are up to. I'm sure I'd get washed out as riff-raff if I applied for the Peace Corps, but keep doing great things and you might just inspire me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt you're such a fool... haha.

    As always, I enjoyed the update man! Don't have a lot to say, but everything sounds like its going good out there. Maybe for our spring break trip this year we'll make a safari trip to luangwa national park instead of going to Vegas... haha.

    When do you move to masansa for good?

    Oh, and in case you were wondering, you ended up getting last in fantasy baseball... haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inquiring fans want to know............did you make it back to Lusaka on time? How?

    ReplyDelete
  5. great to read the latest happenings in Zambia!! Did you take the bus? Taxi rides in Dar es Salaam are a bit scary!! Have you had a meat pie yet? andi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wondering how the bathroom at 1109 compares to a squat latrine and sponge bucket.

    ReplyDelete