Friday, August 27, 2010

Central province

Sorry but this will be a quick update! Thanks to everyone for the comments. Matt as always, i appreciate the insight and humor. Ryan i am glad peace corps gave you a thoughtful moment. Todd i hope the raiders win the big twelve(or ten) with the new man behind the helm. So i found out a few days ago where i will be spending the next two years! I will be in central province in around mkushi. The province has mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and forests. It has it all. So i am excited about that. I am about two kilometers away from another peace corps vol. So that will be nice as well. Tomorrow we will be going to out future sites for about a week and a half. So peace corps gave us shopping money to use at a grocery store in lusaka for two weeks of supplies. Apparently we stay a week with a current vol in the bush and then spend some time at our future site. Hope everyone is well back home!

6 comments:

  1. JD and I sent you a package earlier this week. Hope it finds you in Zambia!! JD comes back to Angola on September 5. I am coming to Tanzania on October 9 . JD and I will meet in Dar es Salaam , Tanzania. We won't be far from you. Did you find that things are packaged different at the grocery stores there? We bought Kate a pink and purple tricycle last week! She could race you on your bike!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. My class had so much fun talking to you via Skype. They can't wait until the next time. We are excited to hear about your new home for the next 2 years. Rutherford says to tell you hi.
    Love you much,

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a good place to be. very pretty!
    i hope you passed your language test on friday,
    it sounds like everything is going your way.
    thanks for keeping us posted!!

    love
    auntie boy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can hardly wait to hear all the juicy details about your future home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey man, I got a letter in the mail from you today- it totally made my day! With your letter and birthday cards from grandmas coming it has been a pretty good week for the mail haha I'll try and get a letter out to you before you go to your new home for good, but if I don't make sure to get your new address up here. Talk to you later buddy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I have the best story for you ever! I'm taking linguistics this semester and my teacher is straight out of Africa, can't understand a word she says (and she's teaching me the English language...irony!)Today she talked about the clicks that people living in Southern Africa use in their language and I almost bust out laughing. Just wanted to make sure you were keeping up on Clickish so we can chat when you come back, I'm a pro already! Miss you! Hope you're having the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete