Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tums please?

Cungalupo! Thanks to everyone for all the posts! Andi- no fowl sightings yet. Andrew- i actually was thinking about my blow gun and how practical it would be here just yesterday. So i am just getting over my first (of many to come) stomach virus of zambia. I spent many hours leaning over the icimbusu (toilet) the past several days. I have a feeling that my host family thinks i am trying to make friends with the bathroom as they see me running from my hut to my bathroom every thirty minutes! Good news though, i am getting better and i ate food today for the first time since the kennedy administration without vomiting. In other news, i passed my first language test! I wish i had a refridgerator to put my score up on! I also want to tell everyone gearing up fro class starting soon that im thinking of you and wishing you all the best this upcoming semester. As billy madison once said, "do it mano e mano". I continue to get closer and closer with my host family. The language barrier has decreased a bit as my language skills have gotten better (or maybe my hand motions are just getting more precise). Also our peace corps training class is bonding nicely. We all are becoming more comfortable with each other, which is good considering we all are leaning on each other for support. Tomorrow we get to speak to a group of zambiams living positively with aids. It will be an exciting and emotional day im sure. Thanks for the continued comments and thoughts!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the language test and glad to hear you are feeling better.
    Take care cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember you are building up your antibodies! Great job with the language test, I can hardly wait to hear you speak Bemba. That will be very cool. Hang in there, love to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your talk tomorrow! I'm sure you will do a great job! If you will mail me your language test, I will put it on my refrigerator like old times. Sorry to hear you have been sick, but I'm glad to know you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. get better sooner rather than later!!
    i know that your talk will be great.

    love
    auntie boy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a letter today from you addressed to me. I opened it up and it was to Stacia. I thought Ashton Kutcher was gonna pop out and tell me I was punked. That never happened...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just think someday you will be able to drink Kanopolis Lake water from a glass with no side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you Brooks but I'm proud of you for doing a good job on your test. I wish you were here :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on the language test! Been thinking of you a lot lately, it was wonderful to hear your voice the other day! <3 .

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, so I have been refreshing your last post for like 2 weeks now waiting for a new post, assuming that when you did update it would bring it up upon me refreshing the page...i was mistaken. glad i figured it out though, haha, moving on. congrats on the test, bemba must be easy if you have picked it up already! haha just playing.

    on a side note, a stomach virus huh? i figured you had stronger genes than that, i should have known. though, you will probably love to hear that my constant fear of poison ivy has only got worse...because i got poison ivy. i was PISSED! but ill tell you more about that in my next letter, talk to you later bro!

    ReplyDelete